The Gibbons Museum
Bringing Great Memories of the Past, Into the Present!
The Roberts house is a two story log house which was owned by the Anglican minister Reverend Orlando ROberts amd his wife.The log house was built by the pair in roughly 1908. The House originally resided in Battenburg (south east of Gibbons) Along the Athabasca Landing Trail and Sturgeon River. It was donated and moved to the museum in december 1980. This was the first building acquired by the museum and the lower floor houses a variety of displays with are deemed important to Gibbons heritage.
Interior view of the Roberts House- For more photos click here-Roberts House
Reverend O.J. Roberts and his family emigrated from Sydenham England in 1899. The family of five worked as missionaries when they first arrived in the area. Early missionary duties included service as doctors and farm hands, as well as religous guidance. Reverend Roberts was the pastor of the Emmanuel Anglican Churc and served the Gibbons, Bon Accord, and Redwater area.
|Wedding Dresses||British Royalty Paraphernalia||Canadian Armed Forces Display|
|Girl Guides Display||Vintage Toys & Dolls||Athabasca Landing|
|Fire Extinguishers||School Display||and more!|